Upon his closing, one of the kids delivered a stunning vote of thanks but words were not sufficient as he urged everyone to give a standing ovation to Mr Taiwo for his session which will no doubt change their lives forever.
- Be quiet
- Prepare yourself to listen
- Put your speakers at ease
- Remove distractions
- Empathise and try to understand the other person’s stand point
- Avoid prejudice
- Listen to the tone
- Be patient
- Listen for ideas
- Wait and watch for action
- It is difficult to listen
- I am a natural listener
- Intelligent people listen more
- Hearing is the same as listening
- Gender affects listening.
- The family
- The community (where volunteers and staff are categorized)
- The state
- The international community
I have heard that beggars have ridden horses.
And that servants who once served have risen to be served upon.
I have read of homeless children who became saviours of the very country that
I know of a boy with no shoes, who later ruled a nation on the African continent
There is a president growing on the inside of a young boy.
There are Leaders in the next generation.
Children who will be great, who will sour to heights unknown.
I refuse to fold my hands, to be a casual onlooker
I long to be part of something bigger,
I want to get it right where the generation before mine got it wrong
I want to say of a truth,I was here, in this time and place.
Volunteer AYC 2015
Bellow are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)